Monday, May 6, 2013

Future of SCIFI+Gender

We are approaching the end of our class together. Only a few more weeks! I want to remind you all that I am open to having additional facilitators in class. This means YOU! If you have a story in mind (fiction or non-fiction), or an author we haven't read, or you want to come give a talk on anything scifi or gender related, or you want to teach a writing workshop, STEP RIGHT UP!

I'd love to have a a range of teaching/teachers/facilitators/ideas. If you have any ideas for a class before we go on summer break at the end of May, please let me know.

On another note, I would like to keep the class going as we split off into our summer ways. We discussed reading a few novels over the course of about three months. I have some suggestions for summer reading, but I would like people to add to the list. Then we can narrow it down to two or three novels and an additional summer reading list. E-mail me what you think about my summer reading list and if you want to add or take anything out. Also, if you want to buy a book and do not have funding, please contact me. Otherwise, I will expect you all to get books on your own.

My summer reading suggestions:
(1) Up The Walls of The World by James Tiptree Jr.
(2) Handmaids Tale by Margaret Atwood
(3) Imago by Octavia Butler
(4) Stars in My Pocket Like Grains of Sand by Samuel Delaney

No comments:

Post a Comment