Sunday, March 3, 2013

What I Didn't See

Hello Gender and SciFi Readers,

This week we will be reading "What I Didn't See" by Karen Joy Fowler.
On Friday, March 8, come discuss this story with us!  It's an interesting follow-up to "The Women Men Don't See" by James Tiptree Jr, which we read last week.

I will also be referring you all to a piece by Donna Haraway about primates which I think will add something to the experience of thinking about this story. 

This week your homework is to dwell on the word "species..." so.... keep dwellin'

and in the meantime:
silverback eating
gorilla kick!
humanzee
chimp vs cop

I will email both the PDF of the story and the Haraway reading when I get all of your emails from Ally.

see ya friday!
fondly,
your week's facilitator,
Saiya

No comments:

Post a Comment